Tuesday, November 3, 2020

fire


This morning dawned frigid.
I awoke at 4 AM and immediately pulled a second quilt over my shivering body.
It was the first really cold morning of the season.
It was nice to snuggle back in for a little more sleep,
 toasty and warm again.
When I finally rolled out of the bed,
I noticed that there was frost on the roof of the house across the street.
So, I said to myself, 
"I think I'll have my first fire this morning."
A fire and coffee and God's word and a soft cozy throw sounded absolutely wonderful.

I have gas logs.
They are controlled by a remote control.
I got all settled in,
covered up, 
coffee good and hot,
ready to start the ceremonial first fire.
I pressed the button...
no fire appeared.
It was making all the right noises but there was no flame.
I kept pressing the button,
I got a bit agitated,
I lost my patience,
I finally gave up.
I didn't cry,
the moment passed.

Then the truth dawned on me...
"I need to call someone to make my gas logs work again."
That is the continuing story of my widowed life.
Everything needs to be fixed and I cannot fix anything.
I called the man who installed them,
it will be a while before he can come because he is very busy.

Probably all they need is for me to light the pilot,
but I don't have a clue how to do that.
I will get the man who comes to teach me so that I can do it in the future.

My picture for today's blog is random.
I thought it was pretty.
I would love to sit outside around a fire that looks just like that.

🔥

Thankfully, I had Bible study this morning and a nice Mexican lunch with people I like very much.

No comments: