Monday, January 25, 2021

happy birthday david


You remind me so much of your Dad!
He left us too soon.
He was our hero.
He always had a plan to make things better.
He loved you so much, David, and all that you are.
I always feel him close when we're together.

Sometimes, 
I despair to think that we're moving on.
It's been almost a year since he left us.
How can we keep living and enjoying this life?
Because...
Bubba would want that for us.
Because...
it is God's will that we keep on living and trusting and serving Him.



January is when I bring my snowman collection out of hiding.
The white lights are still lighting up the night!
My snowman plates grace the table for all celebrations this month.


I love entertaining!
Getting out the good china and cooking up a feast.
Candles on the table.
I love to make it a joyful occasion.
Talking and laughing and just enjoying each other's company.
 ❤️


I never know how this picture will turn out!
This time some happy faces and some solemn faces.
The birthday cake tradition is the last event on party night.
At this point, we are feeling a little spent from all of the partying!



I am so thankful for you David.
For the way you've led me through the last year.
I'm especially glad for times like this morning when you have to say,
"Let me handle this for you, Mom."
What wisdom and grace were in those words!

I ❤️ U!






 

No comments: