Wednesday, January 20, 2021

my new year's day post 3 weeks late


This is the blog post I was going to write on New Year's Day and never did.
Starting the brand new year without my husband for the first time in fifty years was sobering.
"I'm really on my own."
The new year felt like I was leaving something behind,
It was Bubba.

Here's the truth, plain and simple...

"Grief is not just mourning the loss of a loved one,
it is mourning the loss of a way of life."
cac

For me, everything changed in the blink of an eye.

I am getting over the unrelenting grief,
and the anger that he left me,
(yes, I got angry)
I am realizing that I can solve problems and fix things and make decisions on my own.
Did I want everything about my life to change?
No!
But it did and I have to keep living.
I am.

2020 was hard in so many ways.
but I survived with the help of my family and friends.
God had me by my right hand every step of the way.
He did not forsake me even for a minute.
He knows His plan for my life and He is working it out.

I am excited about this new year.
I have come to know what love in Christ means,
 That is a beautiful thing.

Seek God and His word and His Son Jesus.
Then, hold on tightly to the One in whom nothing is impossible.
I praise God for every blessing!

 

No comments: