Sunday, May 16, 2021

sure signs of progress


I decided to ride by to check on my house this morning on the way to church.
It's looking promising for work to begin.
They posted my building permits on a pole by the street.
This seems very official, 
like y'all, 
it's really happening.
Clearly, I am NOT in a flood zone.


I think this must be the electrical box 
from which they will power all of the tools needed to cut and saw and screw and hammer
a house for me to live in.
🔨
Also, there has been lots of moving around of the sand for the foundation.
It seems as if it has increased by leaps and bounds since they first put it down.
There are now mounds of sand surrounding the foundation.
I am guessing it settles and they need to add more, level, and then add another layer.
I'm still waiting excitedly for the firm foundation.

⛰⛰⛰⛰⛰⛰⛰


This is probably the most exciting piece of news I became privy to this morning.
I have a neighbor.
Someone has bought the other side of my duplex,
Who could it be?
I hope they are nice.
I'll start praying for them immediately.


Lastly,
a porta-potty was delivered.
This is a sure sign that people will be working all day long on my house.

I'm building a new house.
I can't believe it!
I'm going to use way too much gas driving by incessantly to watch the progress.









 

No comments: