Saturday, September 25, 2021

house in progress


My house sat idly all week due to the deluge of September
which I wrote about and mistakenly deleted.
I get nervous when I'm working remotely on my computer with Chris.
He is very nice, efficient, and patient.
It's just me.
He knows computers inside and out and I,
well, I barely can do what I do.

I found this gable at my house on Thursday all decked out with maybe
board and batten?
Isn't that what you call those vertical boards?

I wasn't going by yesterday because I had no expectations, 
but, lo and behold, I did and this had happened...


They had started laying the brick.
On the most beautiful blue sky no humidity fall day
they had made this happen.
I love this brick.
It reminds me of the Old Savannah Gray.
I don't have a clue why the bricklayers wore matching shirts.
Maybe they have gotten so accustomed to me taking pictures that they wanted to dress up.

Notice the front porch post.
I think there will be brick under it to hold it up.
I can't imagine why else it would be suspended so far up off of the ground.

I left Herb River Bluff yesterday with my heart rejoicing.
I'm not going by today.
We are having a pool party later this afternoon.
I will, however, stop by after church tomorrow to see how much they have gotten done.

🏡

"If God gives you a few more years,
 remember,
It is not yours.
Your time must honor God.
Your home must honor God,
Your activity must honor God,
And everything you do must honor God.

A.W.Tozer
A man of God





 

No comments: