Tuesday, April 11, 2023

it would have been 53 years today


I am so thankful for the life we made together.
We almost got to 50 years.

The moment captured in this photograph was almost 53 years ago to the very hour...
4:30 on a beautiful, spring afternoon in April.
We had just been pronounced husband and wife,
Bubba had kissed his bride,
We were heading back down to the aisle to start our life together.

This is my favorite of all of the pictures that were taken that day.
The look on his face...You're finally mine!
The look on my face...
We pulled it off!

I miss him. 
I always feel like we had so much more to do, to talk about.
So much more love to give each other and our children and grandchildren.
We missed those years of getting really old together,
of slowing down and taking care of each other.

Bubba left me with everything I could possibly need.
He loved me so well and taught me so much.
He was devoted to me.
Yes, I am very grateful for the life we had together.
💗💙





 

No comments: