Wednesday, September 6, 2023

when i cannot see what i'm reading anymore...


...it all of a sudden dawns on me that I need to wash my readers.
I get a big bowl,
Fill it with hot water, Dawn detergent, and vinegar,
Whip up lots of suds,
and drop the glasses in.
After soaking in this mixture for about an hour,
I rinse them well and set them on the counter to dry.
A final polishing with a clean, soft towel,
and they are ready to go!
It always amazes me how well I can see words on paper when I do this.

Why don't I do it more often?
I really don't know.
The effort is so worth the results.
I have reading glasses at every spot in my house, my car, and in my purse.


Heading to church last Sunday.
Keeping the baby nursery for Sunday School.
Me and my friend Jamie are there every Sunday morning bright and early.
Little ones tend to cry when they come to nursery because of separation anxiety.
It's so good when they see the same faces every time and begin to feel safe and happy.

I treated myself to a new pair of shoes.
They are orange.
Nice segway into Fall.
Still very hot!
Will have a lot more summer in Savannah.


I also treated myself to this exercise table.
I have committed to strengthening myself...
Core,
Hips, Legs, Knees, etc.
I needed a stable, raised, hard surface to exercise from.
Archie put it together for me.
I am very excited.


There is someone out there in my reader-verse who will recognize this gorilla
and be glad to know that my teenage grandkids still love to have him around.
He makes funny sounds and makes me laugh every time I hear him.
One of those teenagers decided that he should reside in the pouch on the side of my table.
I 💗 this guy and the friend who passed him along to us.
🦍








 

No comments: