Tuesday, November 28, 2023

After Thanksgiving we rest ~ part 2


They say it's the turkey that causes you to be sleepy.
At my age, it doesn't take a turkey to make me want to rest in the afternoon.
On Thanksgiving Day,
when the guests have left for home and the leftovers have been placed in the fridge,
everyone heads to their little corner of my home to recline.

We used to always go down to the beach,
but by the time we did all of the above the sun was heading down.
Isle of Hope is close by and beautiful,
 so we went there again this year.

I must admit I am jealous of those antebellum houses sitting on the bluff
and the people sitting on the porches getting to have their Thanksgiving there,
overlooking the site you see above.
Pure, peaceful, idyllic!


It's such a blessing to watch my grandchildren grow up.
They are funny and actually quite interesting to talk to.
I am very fond of these two.
I also really like the beautiful house behind us in the picture.


All of the houses have docks that jut out into the river.
Also, lots of oak trees with low-hanging branches and Spanish moss.


The Hollingsworth family.
Many of the houses and lawns and hedges were already lit up for Christmas.


Just me playing with the filters on my camera.
I was looking straight up into the branches of an oak tree,
Amazing beauty!


Amanda and I relaxing in some Adirondack chairs looking at the lovely view.

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful,
filled with love, joy, and peace which are fruits of God's Spirit in our hearts.

Thank you, God!
You are so generous to "daily load us up with benefits."
I never feel like I have good enough words to express my thanks for all You do.

🦃🧡












 

No comments: