Tuesday, November 21, 2023

memories and good friends


Bubba was a really good turkey fryer.
He prepared for weeks gathering supplies and getting ready for the big day.
I found this picture last week.
It makes me miss him so much.
I still can't get over,
even though I know it is inevitable,
that someone can just be suddenly gone.
Here one moment, gone the next.
Death is definitely our enemy,
but death has been swallowed up in victory 
by the death. burial, and resurrection
of our Saviour,
 Jesus Christ.
Thank You, Lord!

I got word early Sunday morning that my lifelong childhood friend passed away.
She and I lived on the same street on the same block growing up.
We were playhouse friends.
We spent our time planning our future weddings and acting them out,
costumes and all.
Our grandmothers made us bridal gowns with hoop skirts.
We raised our baby dolls in the playhouse.
I am so sad.
Amanda has been here since Saturday and that has helped.
I will miss her funeral.
She didn't live in Savannah.
I'm grieving her loss quietly, in my heart.
She was a great encourager and an avid reader of my blog.
I will miss her so much!

Amanda and I will be cooking all day tomorrow for our Thanksgiving feast on Thursday.
What comfort cooking with my daughter brings.
I am so thankful for the truth of God's word that promises
a big reunion with our loved ones in heaven.

😢

 

No comments: