Sunday, November 5, 2023

and it begins


First, you take your helper to Chick-fil-A for lunch.
Make sure to include a kid's cup of ice cream.
Get one for yourself as well.
One has to have a full stomach for the task at hand.


Then you go to Michaels for supplies.
We needed Buffalo Snow and some tiny hooks for the white fairy lights.
In case you didn't know, 
it is dangerous to go through the checkout line with an 8-year-old.
There are always temptations lurking.
Walt immediately spotted a display of his favorite die-cast metal cars.
He had been looking for this Mini Cooper 5 forever.
In the buggy it went.


At home after a short rest,
We got started on our project for the afternoon.
Walt helped me get all of my lighted houses out of their storage places and into the cabinets.
I have had these for years.
It is my joy each year to place and design the scenes all around my home for Christmas.
He is such a good helper.
He is eager to do anything I ask of him.
In this picture, we have placed them in their right places with working lights.


I use styrofoam to raise them up to various heights.
We got that done yesterday too.
Then we stopped for Walt to get some serious bike riding in.
We are having great weather for bike riding and other outdoor activities.
In the days ahead I will add Buffalo Snow, trees, and accessories which is what I look forward to.
Thanks to Walt, the hard part is done.


This is a blurry picture but...
The rest of the kids came over for dinner,
Lucy brought a bag full of Jersey Mike's subs.
I bought bar b que potato chips and some strawberry lemonade.
For dessert I served Mickey Mouse chocolate-covered ice cream bars.
After we ate they changed all of my clocks for the time change.
We finished the last night of long days with timed races out front.

Honestly,
I don't know what I would do without these kids,
They make my life so full!
💖

















 

No comments: