Sunday, November 26, 2023

Thanksgiving Day ~ part 1


My tablescape 

The first thing I did early on Thanksgiving morning was make myself a cup of coffee.
The second thing I did was knock it over on the rug in my great room.
Not how you want to start out your favorite holiday of the year.
Mark set about scrubbing with Resolve and a brush.
Most of it came out.
After the initial shock, I made myself another cup of coffee and tried to calm down.
It took a minute.


The second thing that caused me to panic was...
The power went off in the house about halfway through the cooking cycle.
Everything came to a standstill.
We looked at each other with shocked faces asking,
"What shall we do?"
Thankfully,
 that situation resolved itself quickly and the food cooked beautifully.


Even though the other Clelands celebrated Thanksgiving in North Carolina,
Lucy made sure I had Fall flowers to grace my island.
These flowers were very unique.


Eli in all of his glory.




Jake being Jake.


Amanda and Mark


Amanda and me.

It was a glorious day filled with laughter and fun,
good food,
lots of "catching up," and a few tense moments
(the coffee spill and the power outage panic).
the bad things made the good times even better.

God's blessings abounded.
House full of love.
šŸ§”


















 

No comments: