Tuesday, December 12, 2023

tree disaster 2023 (repeat of the disaster in 2022)


The tree sat empty for almost a week,
Last week was crazy busy with birthdays, Christmas concerts, and lots of other things.
I fed it, put Miracle Grow Christmas tree in it, and let the branches fall out.
It was very lovely and comforting unadorned.

This year I decided to get help.
I enlisted Archie to work for me on Saturday.
We started with the lights.
He did a really good job even though he had never put lights on a tree before.
We worked together as a team.
It took about two hours of steady work.
Then it was off to the pizza parlor for lunch.
He loves root beer.
He got it.
(I 💗 root beer too)

Soon we were back at it.
We finished at the bottom and he went way up high to place my lighted star.


After he vacuumed the whole sunroom and brought down some boxes from the attic,
I paid him and took him home.
My heart was so happy.
I would sit by my lighted tree tonight and read,
even if none of my beautiful ornaments graced its branches yet.


I'm going to leave you readers with a mystery.
Look at the tree and see if you can guess what happened.
(Actually, there were two disasters.)
😞
Hopefully,
I'll have time to write again tomorrow with the rest of the story.
🎄









 

No comments: