Saturday, December 2, 2023

at the christmas tree lot


Yesterday afternoon we went to pick out my Christmas tree for 2023.
It is a nine-foot-tall Frazier Fir grown in North Carolina.
It will spend its last days shining in a blaze of glory in my sunroom.

I think this will be my 75th real Christmas tree in my long life.
Growing up we always went to the tree lot to pick out the best that they had.
It used to take me hours to decide which one to choose.
Then, I always regretted that there was some flaw we missed before we brought it home.
Not this year.
It is straight as an arrow all the way to the top where the star will shine brightly.
It is rich and green,
 with no shedding,
and no open spots at the bottom.
I'm very sure it is the best one ever.
🎄

I had very good help. 
Archie has an eye for perfection,
Walt and Daisy spent their time running through the open spaces in the trees,
And Erika?
Well, she just instinctively knows what to look for.
I was so thankful for their help.

This magnificent tree will be delivered and set up for me on Monday.
Who knows how long it will take me to get the lights on.
I keep remembering the disaster I had last year.
I got all the lights on the tree and then all of the top half went dark.
I had to remove all of them and start over.
I got angry and when that did no good I cried.
Bubba and my Dad ALWAYS put the lights on our trees.
😢


This was one more thankfulness quote that I had for November.
I'm sharing it now because it is profound.
Remember,
Be thankful ALWAYS, 
not just in the month of November,
for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
💗






 

No comments: