Thursday, February 29, 2024

4 years ~ 2/29/2020 ~ 2/29/2024 ~ leap year




Hey Bubba,
You left me 4 years ago today.
You went to be with Jesus on a Saturday afternoon.
It was Leap Year.
It's Leap Year again today.

Hey Bubba,
 You've missed a lot down here in the world we live in
but I know it doesn't compare with the glories of heaven where you are now.
Even though I have so much to share with you
 I wouldn't ask you to come back here.
You are seeing by sight.
I see only with my eyes of faith.

Hey Bubba,
I turned 76 a couple of weeks ago.
You didn't quite make it that far.
I think you would be proud of how I've handled my life since you left me.
I bought a new car.
A Honda CRV.
I am no longer driving the Tank you left me.

Hey Bubba,
I took our family on a cruise.
We celebrated together...
 the twelve of us.
You were remembered in so many ways as we sailed upon the ocean.
Four years ago you took us all on a cruise.
Two weeks later you went to be with our Lord,
suddenly and without warning.
I still have moments when it hurts so bad I cannot breathe.
We were quite a team...
blessed in our marriage and the family God gave us.

Hey Bubba,
You wouldn't believe our grandchildren.
Lucy and Jake are seniors graduating from high school this year.
Harry is a phenom runner.
Eli has his own podcast on U Tube.
Gus is a handsome 13-year-old who is killing 7th grade.
Arch loves cars and can fix anything.
Walter is almost nine. 
 He spends a lot of his time making sure I don't forget my keys and lock my doors.

Hey Bubba,
I get really lonely sometimes.
I wish I had someone to travel with.
I've got a passport now.
We could go to Italy.
I just miss having a warm body in my bed at night.
Having a fix it man.
Having someone to bring in my groceries.

Hey Bubba,
God's mercies are new every morning.
I have learned so much in your absence.
He teaches me as I stay in His word and seek him in prayer every day.
He knows what is best for me and He provides everything I need.
To Him, I am thankful and grateful.
God knows best.
He is very near.

Hey Bubba, 
I love you!
See you soon!
Cathy
💗





 

No comments: