Friday, March 1, 2024

rockin' and rollin'


After we left the island of Tortola behind,
our short, round, jovial captain turned north out into the open Atlantic Ocean.
The next day would be a Sea Day and then on to the, hopefully, sunny Bahamas for a beach day.
We had been in and out of tropical disturbances for a while.

I noticed during the night that the gentle rocking to sleep became a little alarming.
A trip to the potty became a huge challenge.
We were going uphill then down into a valley and then up the hill again on the other side.
I was going from one side of my cabin to the other.
Somehow I got back in my bed and stayed there until morning.

Our Sea Day became a grand endeavor to navigate the ship without falling.
On the way to breakfast,
 for those of us who were unaffected in our stomachs and hungry,
we saw that someone had put the barf bags out.
Not a good sign.
Walt was our only victim.
He was sick all day and couldn't leave the bed.
The rest of us carried on with the fun while being extra careful not to fall.
Another night of stormy seas abated just as the sun came up the next day.
We were all very thankful to be able to walk normally again.
Walt was fine when he got up!


A few more memories from The British Virgin Islands.
Evidently, the Virgin Islands have a lot of little secrets about nature.
This slogan was on all of the license plates.


The marina.
The storm clouds were always lurking.


Great name for a coffee shop.


Me standing in front of my cabin in some kind of small, localized fog pod.


Amanda was in my cabin taking a picture as we were leaving.

I have to say the stormy weather didn't bother me at all.
I LOVE storms in any form...
always have!
And,
I still love a good adventure.
Walking fast in the pouring rain made my spirit soar.

⛈🌦☁ 💗

















.

 

No comments: