Wednesday, March 6, 2024

the last of our cruise pictures

  
First Day ~ Sea Day...
Eating lunch on the sun deck at the top of the ship.


The Hollingsworth's and the Cleland's cabins were very close.
Amanda took this cute shot from her balcony.


Jake performing on karaoke night.
He got a rousing round of applause when he finished.


This is the kid's table at the buffet.
I don't know where Harry had gotten himself off too.
He was probably getting more food.


Our St. Thomas Virgin Island day dawned rainy and windy.
We had booked an excursion over to the island of St. John.
When we got off the ship to board the ferry,
we were informed that the excursion had been canceled.
The captain said he could get us over there but he may not be able to get us back.
There was lots of disappointment,
especially me,
but the prospect of our big ship sailing off without us was not to be trifled with.



We loved the small bowling alley with the small balls.
I got a strike.


We landed at Thrive and had lunch as soon as we boarded the ship on the first day.
It was so nice to sit down and relax after the stress of getting to and on the Escape.
This is David's famous selfie.
The rest of our crew, the older boys, went off to explore the buffet.


Umbrella Road in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.


Everybody loved the ice cream bar.


This picture is of me on my balcony at the back of the ship.
I'm glad I tried it.
The view was amazing but I wouldn't book it again.
The reasons...

1. The structure of the boat slanted upward and my balcony was not fully covered.
I couldn't sit out and enjoy it when it was rainy or in the middle of the day when the sun was strong.

2. There was a rather pungent fuel smell at times.

3. The motion or swaying or rocking and rolling was more noticeable.
The middle of the boat is the most stable place to be.


Until next time.
🚢

This trip was so special.
Being surrounded by so much beauty,
Being on the ocean.
Seeing new sights,
Being with my family.
This vacation was so good for my soul.
I am already saving for the next one.

All thanks to God who is the giver of all good gifts.































 

No comments: