Wednesday, March 2, 2011

gracious words

Let's look at that verse again because it strikes me as so profound.

"Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul,
and health to the body."
Proverbs 16:24

Gracious words are kind words.
They are courteous, tactful, and delicate.
They are merciful and compassionate.
They are used to build up rather than tear down.
They are in good taste, and they reveal
a generosity of spirit toward others.

The Bible says that gracious words are like a honeycomb...
sweet and much to be desired.
The soul is nourished by them
and the body is made healthy because of them.

I pray that when I write this blog
and when I speak to others
(especially my husband)
my words will always be gracious,
filled with "a little salt"
as Colossians 4:6 suggests.
For what reason?
"so that you may know how you ought to answer each person."
I love that!
cathy

No comments: