Saturday, May 19, 2012

"bird on a wire"


Love that movie!
It is one of the funniest of my favorites.

Aside from that,
I spotted these "birds on a wire" a couple of weeks ago
and was struck with this question.....
What is it about a wire
that causes birds to want to sit on them for long periods of time?
Seems as if it would be hard to
balance
among other things...
and what about the wind up there?
What keeps them on the wire on a gusty afternoon?

They look so calm and serene,
so utterly at ease.
Maybe that's it.....
the safety factor.
Not much that is harmful can reach them up there.

I love this picture..
the silhouettes.
The perfect beak and the little leg.
God made them beautiful,
 didn't he?
I like to watch the birds from my porch..
so much beauty to see in
God's world.

"Look at the birds of the air,
for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns,
 yet your heavenly Father feeds them." 
Matthew 7:26

Oh if we could trust like a
bird on a wire.


No comments: