Friday, May 11, 2012

roast cook-off....


here last night.

This area in the new home is 
for casual dining.
When we bought this set about fifteen years ago,
I knew it was something that would be with me for a very long time.
I like and enjoy it more now than ever.

Bubba and I spent the day yesterday
in the kitchen.
We had a roast cook-off and the guests were able to vote.
Bubba slow-cookered a chuck roast
and I slipped a rump roast
in the oven.
After the meal was over everyone voted.
His roast won.

I am not dismayed.
In fact,
I am glad for him.
He needed that victory.
Because he won,
I will be phasing out
and letting him take over all cooking.
I haven't told him this yet.
Right now I am just letting him glory in his achievement.

It's only fair I think that the better cook do all the cooking.
What do you think?



1 comment:

Allison Stroud said...

It's only fair since he won;)