Friday, May 4, 2012

now and then


Yesterday
I traveled down I-95 a bit
to Colonel's Island
 to spend the day with several friends
from my high school days .

Linda Bass Flake,
sitting in front of the group,
invited us all to her house on the river
for a time of catching up
and reminiscing....
and oh what a glorious day it was.

1968
The bride is Nancy Fountain Barber,
and we were all in her wedding.
From left to right we have
Linda,
Beverly Thompson Hathaway,
Nancy's sister Carol,
me and
Geri Woods Reid.

2012
Behind Linda and seated on the hearth...
me,
Beverly,
Geri and her dog Daisy,
and Nancy.

We talked,
and we laughed,
and we ate,
and we completely enjoyed each other's company.
All of our lives have diverged and changed,
but we came back together
and realized why we all liked each other so much to begin with. 
Good friendships last
no matter how long you are separated.

Blessings...each one of you are to me!

No comments: