Monday, May 14, 2012

an island


In this house there is an island in the kitchen.
In all the places I have lived,
I have never had a
dedicated island.
To say the least...
I love it!

It is big and square
and sits right in the middle of everything.
There is a chandalier that hangs over.
It is the perfect place to do
everything!

Today,
 I found myself making all of these
chicken-broccoli casseroles.
Some to take to others
and one big one for us to eat tomorrow night.

Bubba and I work as a team in the kitchen.
He cooks
the chicken and broccoli 
and cuts it up.
I take it from there,
putting it all together
with seasonings and all of the things that
 make it good.

Hope everybody enjoys this bounty.
What a privilege to cook the good things God provides.

"Keep me as the apple of the eye;
 Hide me in the shadow of Thy wing." 
Psalm 17:8

That is just where I want to be...
hidden up under the shadow of His wing.

No comments: