Monday, July 23, 2012

dinner by the ocean


Bubba fried fresh shrimp.
I made potato salad.
We sat on the terrace looking out over the ocean
drinking sweet tea with lots of lemon.

The ocean has a calming influence on me.
The waves are so loud here
I hear them at night with the doors closed.
Every bit of tension that I brought here is slowly ebbing away.

What is it?

The ocean is so vast.
It is endless movement...
in and out
twice every day.
It exemplifies God in so many ways.
Who else could command it's waves to come
"this far and no further."
Here we sit so close, believing that promise.

At this moment, night is falling .
The ocean is gray and rolling.
There are clouds hanging low out there....
we are hoping for a good lightning show tonight.

Thank you God for the vast,
unlimited love 
 that You give to those who belong to you.
Thank you for the
 breathtaking 
beauty that is set before me
and Your love
that rolls over me like the waves of Your ocean.


No comments: