Friday, July 6, 2012

from sea to shining sea


I've been from the Statue of Liberty....
all the way to the
Golden Gate Bridge.

I've swam in the Atlantic Ocean
and walked by the shores of the Pacific.

I've been to the top of the Empire State Building,
the Hancock Building in
Chicago,
the Washington Monument,
and the Gateway to the West Arch in St. Louis.

I have enjoyed the Rocky Mountains,
the Smokey Mountains,
the Tetons
and Stone Mountain.

I have stayed at
The Camelback Inn
in Scottsdale, Arizona,
and felt the air
 like a velvet wrap around me.

I have driven on the endless bridge to
Key West,
the Chesapeak Tunnel in
Virginia,
up to the top of
Pike's Peak
and then back down again.

I have seen the Grand Canyon,
the Petrified Forest,
I've ridden horses in Estes Park,
and the horses on the carousel at
Disney World.

I went to the World's Fair in
New Orleans,
rode the "pink jeep" through the mountains of
Santa Fe, New Mexico,
saw a show on
Broadway,
paddled a boat on the
Potomac River
and
slept in a tent on top on of
Shenandoah Mountain.

I'll stop here...
you get the point.

Our country is truly beautiful
and wonderful
and amazing.
God
has blessed
beyond our power to comprehend.

So thankful for the freedoms we have in the
United States of America.





No comments: