Saturday, November 10, 2012

getaways

 
First of all....
I don't have my camera.
It was sent away to the repair shop.
I think I have just about worn out another one.
Filled with sand and skipping around,
 it was time for it to go.
but,
I am absolutely lost without it.
 
That's Bub and me up there.
I think all couples everywhere need to get away occasionally.
We have always liked road trips...
Short trips in the car
to nearby places that we love.
All of them have to involve a beach somewhere....
he knows how to make me happy.
 
It's a time to talk...
not that we don't talk,
but on trips we talk endlessly...
nothing to interrupt.
He explains all things political where I can understand them
and then I give my take.
Most of the time I am reading a book
and he lets me read something interesting I've found.
This time
 it was the testing of the first atomic bomb
 out in Los Alamos, New Mexico.
 
Best of all we talk about the Lord and what we read in the Bible.....
always thinking about how we can
put what we learn to practive in our lives.
 
We choose new & different places to eat
and look in antique shops
for things like police badges and pieces of pottery.
 
We look at beach property....always dreaming.
just dreaming, but always dreaming.
 
God's blessings flow ceaselessly...
always mindful that everything comes from Him.
 
 

No comments: