Monday, November 12, 2012

the last thing i want to do....

 
...is pray for this president
that was elected for four more years.
Everything he stands for
is against the very core of my being.
For a little bit
 I could let myself be engulfed with fear 
of what lies ahead for all of us....
not just believers,
 but everyone
who will eventually suffer under his leadership.
 
But...
I refuse to live in fear,
because fear is worse than death.
 
Here is what the Bible commands that we do...
word for word...
for those in authority over us.
I choose to obey these words & trust in God for what lies ahead.
 
"Therefore
I exhort first of all
that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks
 be made for all men,
for kings,
 and all who are in authority,
that we may lead a quiet and peaceaable life
in all godliness and reverence. 
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
who desires all men to be saved
 and to come to the knowledge of the truth." 
 I Timothy 2: 1~4
 
Tonight I commit to pray
for our president and the leaders of this country
for the next four years.
Not because I want to,
 but because it is what God tells me to do.
Will you join me?
 
to God be the Glory....
 
 
 
 

No comments: