Tuesday, November 6, 2012

the craziest voting saga in the state.....

 
The phone rang early this morning.
It was Bubba.
He went down to the beach to vote and the polling ladies wouldn't let him.
"We are registered to vote at the Coastal Cathedral," he said,
you need to go there."
The Coastal Cathedral is right down the road.
 
I arrived at 8:30,
waited in a mile and a half long line and
exited at 10:30 without voting.
I read almost three chapters in
"The Treasure Principal" by Randy Alcorn
and made lifelong friends
with the stranger in line in front of me.
He even gave me
a wonderful compliment
without ever knowing how much it meant to me.
He said..."My mom was a small woman like you."
He may have been blind.
Because of these two activities
the two hours went fairly swiftly.
 
While waiting to get my little yellow card,
I was informed that.
I was not registered at the Coastal Cathedral after all
but at the beach.
"You cannot vote here!"
 
God is so good to me.
Because I had just read "The Treasure Principal,"
I took it very well.
 
I left.
I picked up Daddy.
He voted ~ no line.
We drove to the beach.
I voted ~ no line.
 
I am a Georgia voter and proud of it!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: