Tuesday, November 20, 2012

it's almost that time

 
Pumpkin pie and orange leaves
candleglow
a chilly breeze.
 
Old and young
we gather together
bundled up against the weather.
 
Turkey and dressing
butter crisp rolls
a fire in the fireplace
a smell to the nose.
 
Remember last year and all the years past
we come together and have a blast.
 
Men on the outside
gathered around
a large vat of grease in which turkeys abound.
 
Laughter and busyness
girls in the kitchen
Preparing the dishes
Who's saying the blessing?
 
Coffee and dessert
did you save any room?
Come on it's Thanksgiving I think I'll have two.
 
Clean up the kitchen?
I think that can wait.
Just want to sit on the sofa and satiate.
 
Thanksgiving I love you!
 
Ha ha...my feeble attempt at a Thanksgiving poem!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: