Tuesday, December 4, 2012

stirrings

 
Last week
I went into one of the artist supply stores
in downtown Savannah.
They abound on every corner
because of the SCAD presence here.
I was looking for a pen for Harry...
one pen and with a click there are eight different colors of ink.
I had bought one for Lucy when we went to
The Nutcracker,
and well, Harry loved it and you already know the rest of the story.
(I think he has lost it)
 
Anyway,
when I walked into the store
there were stirrings in my heart,
brought on by the amazing amount of things to be creative with.
I have real longings in my heart
to create beauty.
 
This is what I think...
When I get to heaven, I will be able to be creative unimpeded.
Oh I long for that day.
 
I want to teach and draw and paint and write...
all of the things that make me happy now,
but without sin to hold me back.....
Fully able to praise and sing and dance to the joy of the Lord.
 
If you are a believer, the same is true for you.
Whatever you love in your heart will be what you will be doing in heaven.
I can't wait.
 
Life is hard, but these trials are temporary.
One day all will be perfect...
no more sin, sickness, and death.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
 
Read Randy Alcorn's book "Heaven."
 
 
 

No comments: