Friday, December 28, 2012

"where's my kiss?"

 
Yesterday
we kept Jake and Eli
so that Mark and Amanda could have a little getaway
down at our beach condo.
 
We did chick-fil-a for lunch
and then borrowed Frankie & Sally's
golf cart for a ride to the
playground.
 
It was bitterly cold,
but the boys didn't notice and we all had a fun time.
 
Not getting to see these two very often,
Bubba and I both cherish the time we can spend
alone with them.
 
After dinner,
 we promised a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream.
Note that
 both of the activities we chose
are best carried out in warmer weather.
 
Anyway,
I promised a kiss
to the person in the car who spotted the DQ sign first.
It was really Bubba,
but Eli claimed that he was first...so he won.
I thought when we got out of the van that he would forget about it,
but
he ran over to me and said,
"Where's my kiss?"
I joyfully obliged him with a kiss on the cheek.
 
On the way home,
Jake leaned in and said,
"Grammy I really like you!"
I said,
"Why do you like me so much Jake?"
He said,
"Because of the way you love me."
 
My heart melted, just like wax.
 
In spite of the hard times dealing with my dad in these days,
God sends much grace
with reminders
that I am much loved by these boys.
 
 

No comments: