Sunday, February 24, 2013

1953


This was my Dad's card to my Mom
on their ninth anniversary.
I'm still finding treasures and this is one.
My Dad had perfect handwriting.
I will miss seeing it.

I would have been about five.
Think it's kinda funny that I had to get in on the 
wedding anniversary 
by signing my name as well.
Also, they probably wouldn't have known who I was if I hadn't 
included that "O."

Also....I didn't know they had a "coffee" thing going.
But come to think of it,
they always enjoyed their coffee.

They say the memories heal the sadness.
I think "they" are right.
I am having a hayday of memories right now.
Everything I touch at their house brings them back to me.
A lifetime is really too short to share all the love.
Thank goodness as believers we have forever.

"And this is the promise that He has promised us ~ eternal life."
I John 1:25


1 comment:

Allison Stroud said...

I found some letters my grandparents had written back and forth to each other while helping my mom clean out some old boxes. These are such treasures. Miss you and hope you are well.