Thursday, February 21, 2013

a little this ~ a little that


We are working over at my mom and dad's house....
finding treasures here and there 
mixed in with a whole lot of trash.
Erika found this in the attic...
tucked away in a drawer,
long ago abandoned.
It is a treasure to me ~ I will have it framed and hung
in no time at all.

My friend called this afternoon 
and was worried about me since I hadn't written in a while.
I really didn't know if had been
since Monday.

So here goes some this and that....

The bridge
is finally in my mouth.
It was mounted yesterday and it seems to fit perfectly.
That was a harrowing ordeal!

Painting old furniture ~
I want to learn how to do this using all of those luscious sea colors...
you know like the color we painted the beach condo
a hundred years ago,
you know before those colors became all the rage.

Unwinding ~
My body is ever so slowly winding down from all the stress
I've been under for so long.
I'm beginning to feel normal or what I think normal feels like....

My birthday ~ 
is being celebrated very quietly this week.
Bubba
(how could he?)
was sick for the whole week of my birthday.
Maybe, just maybe
there may be some crab legs in the near future.
And,
I hear that there is another party being planned for next week.

Eli ~
Grammy is coming to your sleepover!

Readers ~
Thanks for checking back with me when I don't write for a few days.
I really love writing this blog!

Lou G ~ get well!!!!






No comments: