Tuesday, February 5, 2013

for the love of gus


Lucy is at school...
it is just me and him.
He is playing with his tiny little cars at my feet.
Thought I would take this peaceful minute to write.

Gus is about as cute as they come.
He is a very sweet, well behaved little guy.
His twinkling eyes are the darkest brown.
His coffee colored skin glows with good health.
The bottoms of his feet are the prettiest shade of pink.

He doesn't yet instigate conversation,
but he answers immediately
and understand everything perfectly.
Those twinkling eyes talk for him in so many different ways.

He is in love with Dolly Dolphin Can't Stop Clicking,
a book that all of the grandkids have loved
through the ages.
He comes and gets my hand,
takes me to the book,
and of course I know to read,
over and over
with lots of expression.

I find myself thinking so often of what he was saved from
and what he was given.
Such a perfect picture of our salvation,
"Once I was lost but now I am found."

He and I sing a pretty good rendition of
Nothing but the Blood 
by the way.

Our privilege it is to know him and to love him.

My finger is about the same,
but it doesn't hurt that bad anymore.
I didn't go get an x-ray...
too hard to go through all that right now.
Hoping it was just jammed and not broken.

No comments: