Monday, February 18, 2013

tybee light house ~ tybee beach


This is an aerial shot of my greatly loved Tybee Island.
I grew up spending much time on this beach.
I love it to this day.
It is quaint and quiet and beautiful every season.
Look at that ocean...
it takes my breath away.

I wrote this to David as encouragement this morning....
I want to share it with you readers.
It was written by Jay Adams.

Ezekiel 2:7
"Speak my words to them whether they listen or refuse to listen."

"The word of God must be proclaimed,
and refusal to hear it is no excuse from preaching it.

You may become discouraged,
ready to throw in the towel,
and about to turn from the pulpit,
but these are not excuses to not preach the message.

Count on it...
less and less people are going to listen to you.
Our society has changed.
You will be laughed at,
ignored, 
or even outcast from your present post....
but the word must be preached,
regardless!

Indeed,
there will be less and less
 who will listen 
to the pure words of God.

They will run to other venues 
where it is preached in conjunction with untruth 
or watered down teaching, 
but small as your church may become (or is),
Hang in there,
preach all the harder,
clearer,
and more powerfully.

God will bless in one way of another!!!"

So profound, so true!

No comments: