Tuesday, February 12, 2013

sixty five years ago........


I musta nota liked my birthday very much.
two things....
lots of hands reaching out to comfort,
and,
I know now why I love sheer curtains blowing in the breeze.

Notice the cake...
made by my mother I'm sure.
She probably made every one of my birthday cakes
for as long as she lived.
She made the best cakes in the world.

Later in the day.....
Birthdays don't always turn out as you planned.
Bubba and I had reservations over at a place on
Hilton Head
to eat "all you can eat" crab legs
for my birthday.

Yesterday,
he became ill with a mysterious fever.
I was hoping against hope that he would be all well
this morning for my big day.
but he wasn't and we didn't get to go. 

We did go out tonight...
to a place with a big roaring fire in the fireplace
and candles on the table.
We had my birthday dinner at the
Cracker Barrel
so that he could get some chicken & dumplings.

I loved this day...
quiet, peaceful, filled with friends
well-wishing on facebook,
and calling on the phone,

Tomorrow evening we will celebrate at David & Erika's house.
They have ordered Lumanatis Pizza
delivered fresh from Chicago by Fed X to our table...
the best in the world.
Can't wait for that.

But today was very special.
Just Bub and I and the rain and a big roaring fire.

No comments: