Sunday, February 10, 2013

dirt pile theory


I have had this theory for a while.
Amanda, too, believes this theory to be true.
Last week I tested the
dirt pile theory...
had plenty of opportunity as Gus is an expert
crumb maker.
When he gets through eating he always
empties his crumbs on the floor.
I can never get there fast enough to stop this.
He is quick...very quick!

Anyway, here is the theory....
Whenever I get out the broom and dustpan,
notice I said whenever.,
someone,
it could be a child or sometimes an adult,
comes from the far reaches of wherever they are
as fast as they possibly can
to the very and exact spot where the dirt has been swept up,
and they walk or run
directly through the pile of dirt or crumbs or whatever
and scatter them all over,
making the mess worse than it was before.

I don't think I have ever swept up a pile of debris
that this series of events didn't happen.

I always have to sweep the dirt twice.
It does no good to scold the guilty party.
They always say "sorry,"
but the very next time I sweep up a pile,
here comes someone straight down the pike
through the dirt pile
and on to create more crumbs.

My dirt pile theory...
tested, tried, and true.

2 hours later...
It has already happened again.
I was making some cream cheese olive spread for our debriefing tonight.
While stirring the ingredients together
I spilled some olives out on the floor.
Before I could put the bowl down and clean up the mess,
Bubba came out and walked through
the spilled olives.
He had just read this blog and was coming out to brag to
me that he had never done the
"walking through the dirt pile."
(He has done it many times)
cc



No comments: