Saturday, December 13, 2014

miss sue





The church party was a huge success!
the preparations wore us slap out,
but it was all so worth the effort.

We have a dear old saint among our flock.
we all call her "Miss Sue."
She is 92 years old,
which makes it nice for Bub & I.....
we are no longer the oldest people in our church.
The children love her
because she always has candy for the ones who get to her first.

She is mobile,
her mind is clear,
and she is interesting to talk to.

She had a ball at the party.
She kept going to all the food stations and helping herself,
and she ate every bite.
She didn't want a drink,
and she refused to eat desert.

She then spent the rest of her time 
walking around and inspecting all of my Christmas displays.
She especially loved the Snow Village 
houses and had lots of questions and comments.

She is such a godly woman.
She loves her church,
she sings our worship songs mightily,
she listens intently to the Word being proclaimed,
she always has a kind word.
She is an inspiration to me in all ways.

When she started to leave....
and no she doesn't drive, she never did.....
She handed me two yellow cards.
One was about the importance of reading God's word,
and the other was about our name that is written in heaven.
I will share the last paragraph with you.

"I'll tell you friend, I wouldn't trade 
My name however small,
That's written there beyond the stars
In that celestial hall
For all the famous names on earth
Or glory that they share.
I'd rather be an unknown here,
And have my name up there."
(no author known)

Oh Miss Sue,
You are so close to seeing Jesus.
You have been faithful and true to Him.
Thank you for walking the talk!



No comments: