Saturday, February 27, 2016

blue or green?


Does anyone know what these are?

A long time ago they sat on top of the cross bar
of telephone poles.
They are called insulators.
I think they are exquisite in shape and color.

One of them is blue like your eyes,
another, green like the ocean...
both of which I love.
These colors are so close, but so different.
The cool hues of blue and green
dominate the sea and the sky and the earth
on which we live and breathe and have our being.

The color of  many of my walls
is Sea Salt.
Sometimes it looks blue
 and sometimes it looks green.
I am surrounded by the colors that I love.

Now these insulators sit on the shelves
in my beach room. 
I love to watch the light playing off of them.

I don't really remember much about
these insulators being on the telephone poles.
They must have been beautiful sitting up there
with the sun
 shining through and around them.

I am thankful that I have these,
They make me happy.

No comments: