Wednesday, February 24, 2016

broken heart

Have you ever had a broken heart?
I have had several.

The one I remember most vividly happened
during the summer
after I graduated from high school.

He was dreamy.
He drove a cool car,
dressed great,
always smelled wonderful,
treated me like a queen!
I fell in love ~hard and fast.

We lasted until the middle of September.
It was Saturday.
We went to Hilton Head to sun on the deserted beaches.
We were with another couple.

That evening we were going to the football game.
My Hodie had made me a new dress.
I remember it perfectly.
We never made it to the game.
He told me when we got to my house
that it was over.
He had found somebody else.
It wasn't to be.
I cried and cried.
It took me weeks to get over.
Broken hearts hurt really badly.

God had someone else in mind for me.
I had to wait a while,
date other guys.
I thought it was hopeless...
that the love of my life was gone 
and there wouldn't be another one...
but there was!

Thank you Lord for choosing my husband for me.
I might have made a terrible mistake
if I had chosen for myself.


No comments: