Friday, September 14, 2018

amelia island plantation ~ 3


Sea oats, clouds, blue sky.
There is nothing like living right on the ocean.
So much to see, smell, feel.
It's invigorating.


This fencing on the beach doesn't keep the high tides out,
but they do protect the dunes from washing away.
I think they are aesthetically pleasing.
They in no way detract from the beauty of the beach.


A sampling of some shells I found on my walks.
I love the black ones ~ unusual.
Every walk is a treasure hunt.
Tiny treasures.


Stairway to paradise.
So much to explore.
So much to be thankful for.


We lived on Beach Walker Road.
I knew it would be a perfect place to stay.


I was reading in the Psalms this morning.
I came across this verse and smiled.

"The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree."
Psalm 92:12

All who believe in Jesus are considered righteous.
It's not because of anything we did.
We are righteous because of what He did on the cross for us.
I just love reading His word and being reminded of the truth.


As I mentioned in an earlier post, there were oak trees everywhere.
Gnarled and bent from years of relentless ocean winds,
they were eerily and mystically beautiful.
Here is the setting sun peeking through the branches.


One last parting shot and I'll be done.
You can see the twisted trunk clearly.
This looks kinda like the hole that Winnie the Poo lived in in the
Hundred Acre Wood.

Life consists of wonderful times and precious memories.
These pictures that I share (since 2007) are my memories.
I hope you all enjoy.







No comments: