Saturday, September 8, 2018

amelia island plantation


This little guy greeted us as we arrived last week
He was happily chomping on the grass by the walkway to the beach.
I knew from him that it was going to be a great time.
Amelia Island Plantation is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.
Majestic oaks bent by the ocean breeze,
Green, green grass,
Tropical flowers.
It was breathtaking.
My ideal and most coveted getaway is to be oceanfront on the beach.
It is so relaxing.
Being the week after Labor Day,
the placed was deserted.
Oh my, it was perfect,


This is where I sat every morning and watched the sun come up.
This is also where I sat every evening and watched the ocean while I read.


Here is a shot of the moon in the early morning, 
just before the sun started lighting up the horizon.


This was my very first sunrise.
I waited an hour for it to pop up it's head.
The breaking of dawn over the ocean  is exquisite.


My place on the beach.
I sat for hours, right there, reading and watching the ocean.
Praising God and listening to the roar of the waves hitting the shore.
I would see a few sea birds and the occasional stray beachwalker.
Other than that I had it to myself.


Love these training clouds.
Never saw a thundershower though.
Look at the little teddy bear face down below.


This was the perfect time and place to praise our great and awesome God...
To pray and think of Him as the 
Maker, 
Creator, 
and Sustainer 
of all of this beauty.

My time at the beach...
I cannot believe how restorative it was.
I am getting better, stronger, healthier every day.
To Him be all the praise and glory.
I am filled with thanksgiving!








No comments: