Friday, September 21, 2018

new kitty


This is Sirius Black.
He is the Hollingsworth's new kitty cat.
As most of you know,
Norman Hollingsworth met an unexpected demise earlier in the summer.
Sirius has taken his place.
They look very much alike, but their personalities are quite different.

Mark's sister's son Caleb
 has been at Parris Island since June doing his basic training to become a
 United States Marine.
 Mark and Amanda, Jake and Eli,
came up this weekend to be a part of his induction ceremony.
Sirius is here with us for the first time.


Jake and Eli's cousin Caleb is a Marine!


Earlier this morning 
he proceeded to take a swipe 
at a bird nest full of plastic eggs 
and an alabaster bird sitting on a low shelf of my foyer table.
 I thought he looked ashamed, 
but a friend said it looked to her like he was 
"plotting his next move." 
I think the friend has the better explanation of this picture.
I can only find one of the little green eggs.


This one's a special little guy.
He is playful.
He sticks close to me,
and naps a lot.
He is still a bit skittish,
but will also come and sit close when I'm reading.
I love to see the sun shining through his ears.

God created the animals for all different reasons.
Thanking Him this morning for this little one.






No comments: