Thursday, September 27, 2018

six months after


I saw my cancer doctor today.
He couldn't find any sign of a recurrence of the disease.
He said that my taste/dry mouth may not ever be what it was "before,"
but, that I can "have hope" that it will get better than it is now.
He praised my recovery.
Casey, my navigator nurse, said that she appreciated my "sweet spirit"
throughout the ordeal.

I love the above Spurgeon quote.
God keeps His own as His special treasure.
If there was any sweet spirit in me it came from His Spirit shining through.
He gave me courage to face each new day.
When I couldn't eat or drink He sustained me.
When I couldn't speak He heard my silent cries for mercy.
He sent angels to take care of me.
He encouraged people from far and wide to pray for me.
I was quiet but never alone.
I was sad but not despairing.
I was sinking but never overwhelmed.
All of my doubts and fears were quieted by Him.

My recovery continues.
I am getting better every day.
I thank my family for their patience.
It hasn't been easy for them but they have hung in there with me.

Our God is full of mercy and grace.
He heals our diseases,
He lifts our thoughts and praises to Himself.

I am full of thanksgiving and praise! 


No comments: