Monday, February 25, 2019

just do it


This fit-bit watch was my birthday gift last year...
when I turned seventy.
Birthday 2018 was the first of a six week run of radiation to my neck and face.
I was thrilled with the gift.
My thought was...
"This will help me stay super fit while I'm getting treated."
I was delusional on that first day of radiation.
I had been walking in January after my surgery...
getting my strength back.
Once I started radiation I never walked (for exercise) again.
Truthfully,
I could hardly make it from the bed to the nearest chair.
A few weeks in I quietly tucked the fit-bit away in the corner of my closet.
I knew it was there.
I just ignored it.

This February I decided to get it out and start using.
The kids always ask why I'm not wearing it to count my steps.
So...the premise is to walk 10,000 steps every day.
I've never done that.
(I first typed 10,000 miles) 😓

I've almost made it to 3,000.
Yes, that is abysmal I know.
 but most of the time I forget to put it on until half the day is gone.

My goal is to start walking again.
My course is set, all I have to do is go outside and start.
If I ever make 10,000 I will post another picture.


I have my new running shoes already...
got them this year for my birthday.
The kids love the chartreuse sole and the chartreuse socks.
I love them too.
The wilder the colors the more fashionable.
Now...
Set goals!
"Just Do It."


No comments: