Friday, February 1, 2019

welcome february


This is why I love the month of February...
It is my birthday month.
We celebrate our Valentines...
the people we love most in this world.
The days are getting longer.
More daylight.
Yay!!

Last year I started my radiation treatments on my birthday.
It's been almost a year.
I saw my cancer doctor yesterday.
He has been checking me every three months.
He couldn't find any trace of the disease.
He said, "I'll see you in six months."
What sweet words those were!
It was like a little load had just been lifted away.
I practically floated out of the building.

My taste is slowly coming back.
Strangely I don't like to eat much of anything I loved before.
Coffee is intolerable.
My sweet tooth has been extracted.
(everything sweet tastes bitter)
Really I just like soup...
yep that's about the extent of it.
Evidently my salivary glands were severely and permanently damaged by the radiation.
The doctor said this about them...
"They are probably not going to get much better than they are now."
He said,
"How do you feel about that?"
I said,
"I'm just extremely happy to be alive."
He smiled.

God is so good.
"He loads me up daily with all of His benefits."
How can I complain when my Valentines are constantly loving on me.
I'm here to celebrate life.
Thank You dear, sweet, Jesus for my life in You.

No comments: