Sunday, October 27, 2019

grandboys in the house


Here we are on the way to church this morning.
It had rained earlier but ended up being a beautiful morning.
The tall one is Archie ~ the short one is Walt.
They are spending a few days with us while their mom is on a trip.
We fixed them bacon and eggs for breakfast and sent them upstairs to get dressed.
Archie came down looking like a million dollars.
Walt looked great too when he came down,
except that he had buttoned up his shirt wrong.
I fixed that minor infraction, smoothed his cowlick down, and we were on our way.

Archie is full of stories to tell.
He is trying to figure out how to conquer a Rubik's Cube.
He is working hard and I have promised him a prize if he does it.
Walt is very alert and knows a little something about just about everything.
He sang songs all the way home from church.
We stopped by Wendy's and got them cheeseburgers and fries for lunch.
They loved it.

Tomorrow is school for both of them so I will get some clothes washed.
I have always loved children.
It's the way they think.
They can challenge me when I least expect.
We had a full discussion about Botany at the breakfast table this morning.
I have offered a monetary prize to the one who can identify the flowers pictured below.
I bought them and planted last week.
They have drawn a blank so far.
Do you know what these are?

🠋




No comments: