Friday, October 18, 2019

the storm from inside


If you can't be down on the beach in a tropical "stormish" storm,
the next best place is behind a magnificent
floor to ceiling window,
a favorite in this particular condo.

When all the kids and their parents left to drive back to Savannah,
I grabbed a coverlet and my book and took up residence in this swivel chair.
There was lots to see.
The wind was blowing and the waves were pounding and it didn't stop until bedtime.
I was warm and cozy,
in the middle of an amazing book,
and completely mesmerized by the storm.
There was lightning and thunder,
dark, heavy clouds,
 an empty beach.
All of the people had been forced inside.
The chairs and umbrellas were tucked away.
No bikes, no kites, no walkers, no swimmers.
only rain and wind and blowing sand.
To me a storm is a fantasy,
a dream come true,
a showcase of the power of God.
I had a front row seat to all of this majesty and wonder.


This large hawk had taken shelter in the tree right outside of the window.
He stayed for quite a while.
Sure enjoyed watching him.
I think this picture is beautiful.

I have salt water and sand and the sea in my soul.
To be able to live this close to these things for a week was bliss for me.
God made all things pertaining to the ocean so beautiful.
Thank You for this blessing!

*Looks like we are getting Tropical Storm Nestor all day tomorrow.
This one came out of nowhere!
Could be very interesting!



No comments: