Thursday, January 23, 2020

and three more words to live by...


READ

I don't have fancy bookshelves on which to display fancy books.
I do have these bookshelves in our walk-in attic
stacked full every which way to Sunday with the books I have read in the near distant past.
They are messy and gently used. 
Dog eared and a little bit worse for the wear.
BUT...
I cannot part with any of them.
Want to know why?
If something happens and books can't be printed and published anymore,
I will go back and read them all again,
and maybe even again.
I cannot imagine a world without books.
I ❤️ to read so much that I chose to put READ in my list of words to live by.
God's word, the Bible comes first of course.
I read it every day.
There are also many other things to learn as well.
I love history and biographies and occasionally a good love story.
Reading is a huge part of my life!



REMEMBER

What a joy and gift from God to be able remember.
I have found that a pen and a post it note solve so many of my remembering problems.
They come in a big bundle at Staples and it doesn't take me long to use them up.
I write notes to Bubba and notes to myself.
This method works like a charm!
Of course it doesn't help when I go to a room and forget why I went there. ☹️

God wants us to remember His promises.
He wants us to remember all that is in His word.
He wants us to obey and trust as well.

I also think it is good that we remember our past...
All the people and good times and love from our family and friends.
Also the trials and troubles and how we've grown from them
To REMEMBER is important!


THINK

This little wooden sign has a home on my desk by my computer.
I am big on reminding myself to think...
to stop for a moment,
to draw a breath,
to ask for God's help,
to not rush into writing or speaking before it's time.
God gave us our brains and He wants us to use them wisely.
Most importantly He wants us to think through and put into practice what He tells us in His Word.
God created us perfectly, didn't He.
On top of everything else he gave us our brains and the ability to THINK.
I am humbled just thinking about our amazing God.
To THINK is a gift and a blessing not to be taken lightly.

TRUTH
BEAUTY
LIGHT
READ
REMEMBER
THINK
❤️






No comments: