Wednesday, January 8, 2020

faces & places



This is Walter Bookman Cleland
Walter is cute.
Walter is four years old.
Can you spot Gus?
This exceptionally clever photo was taken by Eli Hollingsworth.


This is Grammy with Jake and Eli.
I like the smiles and how the plaids and Santas all kinda work together.
Jake is fourteen.
Eli is twelve.
I ❤️ them!


Very early on New Years Day I found myself down at Tybee.
I get drawn there,
 sorta like a magnet draws steel.
I have salt air and salt water coursing through my veins.
This is the view from the balcony of our condo...
the place where the beach bends into the convergence of the Atlantic ocean.
A blessing in our life.
A place to go, to meditate, to breathe.


The sun was shiny bright,
 like some of my Christmas tree ornaments.
It was cool, getting ready to warm up.
The wind was blowing but not too much.
It was refreshing!
Being there was a great way to say Hi to the New Year.


There was something about the lines and angles here that took my breath away.
Somehow they accentuated the soft, wispy clouds just above.
I walked on out there,
took it all in.
I breathed deeply.
I smiled.

The world is full of God's wonders just waiting to be discovered.
Here I come 2020.
Excited to see what you have in store.

One thing I know for sure...
God is in control.
That' a promise I can hold on to.

Again. Happy New Year!
May you find peace and rest in Him who was born in the manger and changed the world!





No comments: