Friday, January 17, 2020

13 years because I refused to worry if i was good enough



One day, in June of 2007, I decided to start writing this blog.
That was thirteen years ago.
All total I have written 2,985 posts.
I couldn't be more happy that I "just started" to write way back then,
that I didn't worry if I was good enough.
I just sat down and poured out my heart.
We were sojourning in Washington, DC.
My first post was about Arlington cemetery.

 Bubba got me a fancy camera and I started taking pictures
 which turned into a much loved hobby.
I, with much consternation,
 figured out how to get those pictures loaded on my computer and then onto my blog.
It is, 
looking back, 
quite literally, 
the book of the last 13 years of our life.
The grandchildren were "littles" then...
now we have teenagers.
I have chronicled the good times and the bad times.
Bubba and I have passed from late middle to old age.
We are in our seventies now.

Something, most likely Someone, called me to write back then.
I am still writing!
It brings so much joy!
The pictures are my catalyst, 
but I still don't know what words will come out until I sit here at this keyboard in the afternoon.
I am thankful for spell check,
 Picassa where I edit my photos,
 and a most forgiving blog editor who keeps me straight.

It's not perfect, I make lots of mistakes,
but it's just me writing from my heart .
I hope it is a blessing to those who read.
And thank you for being faithful to follow.

"If you feel something calling you to dance or write,
 to paint or sing, 
please refuse to worry about if you are good enough. 
JUST DO IT!"
I did!

quote by Glennon Doyle
photo by Erika Cleland





No comments: