Tuesday, July 6, 2021

another storm is headed our way (I've written a diary of this day)


I hope it doesn't blow my new house down.
I'm most worried about my beach condo down at Tybee.
Maybe more rain than wind with this one.
I hope so!
Crazy!

Addendum.
Wednesday morning...
bright and early!
"Not a creature is stirring."
The trees are statues.
Not a breath of air is moving among them.
The air is heavy with humidity.
It is hard to breathe that air out there.
They say she is coming but right now it seems so improbable.
I have opened all of the blinds in this place...
raised them up as high as they will go so that I can observe this storm named Elsa.
But first...
I'm going to get a pedicure.
I have big plans with old friends tomorrow.
My toes need to look good for that.
I just hope we don't have to cancel!!!
By the way,
I just started reading Isaac's Storm by Erik Larson.

"The best storm book I've ever read,
 consumed mostly in twenty-four hours; 
these pages filled me with dread. 
Days later I am still glancing out the window nervously. 
A well-told story." 
Daniel Hays 

After lunch on Wednesday
I just walked to the mailbox. 
There is just a hint of a breeze out there now.
Still very humid.
The sun peeped out for the briefest of minutes.
No pedicure for me today.
The salon was closed.
Just as well.
I made my appointment for the 14th instead of today.
I have occasional senior moments!
@ waiting for Elsa to arrive!


Late afternoon on Wednesday
Still waiting for Elsa.
Looks like it will be later on this evening before she gets here.
So sad that our much anticipated "friend lunch" at the Pink House tomorrow was canceled.
I always get tired of the "waiting" for the storm to arrive.
Will probably just go to bed and miss the whole thing.

At 5 PM
Elsa steps stealthily into beautiful Savannah.
You would hardly know she was here.
She comes with gentle rain.
She barely whispers.
I cleaned my porch, deadheaded my geraniums, and watered them.
I got a good start on my hurricane book.
It is most beautifully written.
A lot of hype.
Not much excitement.
Just another summer storm on a sleepy afternoon.


 

No comments: